January 2, 2012

Mini Pumpkin Bundt Cakes

Happy New Year! I can already tell that 2012 is going to be an exciting year, and I am looking forward all that lies ahead. I have officially been writing this blog for five months now, and I can's wait to continue sharing my baking endeavors with you.  If you remember, I posted about these mini bundt pans that I received as a Christmas present, and I was dying to try them out. I decided to make these mini pumpkin bundt cakes because the recipe promised to yield very moist little cakes. There is nothing worse than biting into a dry bundt cake. I am always ready to try a new dessert with pumpkin, as it is one of my favorite ingredients to bake with. I used my favorite salty caramel sauce to drizzle on top!

MINI PUMPKIN BUNDT CAKES
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
3 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. salt
5.1 oz box of instant vanilla pudding mix
15 oz. pumpkin puree

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Beat sugar, brown sugar, and oil together in large bowl. Add eggs, mixing well after each addition.

In a separate bowl mix all dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, pudding mix.

Alternate adding pumpkin and dry ingredients to the sugar, oil, and egg mixture. Mix well.

Fill greased mini bundt pans (I always use baking spray that contains flour) 2/3 full with batter. The cakes will rise a lot while baking.

Bake for 15-18 minutes, but do not over bake! The cakes will start pulling away from the edges of the pan when they are done and inserted toothpick will come out clean.

Allow to cool so that you can use your hands to remove them from the pan and place on a cooling rack to finish cooling.

Enjoy!