February 9, 2012

Mini Oreo Cheescakes


Happy Birthday to my sister Maggie! I made these Oreo cheesecakes for her birthday because she loves anything and everything with Oreos. (p.s. there will be a post about Oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies coming soon!). 

I made these cheesecakes in my favorite mini cheesecake pan. The pan has removable bottoms that make popping the completed cheesecakes out of the pan very easy. I originally found a recipe for no-bake Oreo cheesecakes, but since they would be sitting out at a party for several hours, I decided to go with a more traditional baked cheesecake recipe. 

The topping was my own creation and it was fabulous! I wanted to use whipping cream, but did not want it to melt/run when sitting out for several hours. The trick was using cornstarch, instant pudding mix, and unflavored gelatin to help stabilize the whipping cream!


MINI OREO CHEESECAKES
printable recipe
16 ounces cream cheese
2/3 cup sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. lemon juice
1/2 cup sour cream
15.5 oz package regular size Oreo cookies (3 dozen cookies)
8 oz. package mini Oreo cookies (36 for garnish, 1 cup chopped to put in batter)

Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.

Place one full size Oreo cookie in the bottom of every mini cheesecake cup. This will serve as the "crust" of the cookie. I find that using the entire Oreo cookie (as opposed to just half) makes it easier to remove the cheesecakes from the pan after baking.

Beat the cream cheese for several minutes until it is smooth and creamy.

Add the sugar and salt. Add eggs one at a time until incorporated.

Add the vanilla extract and lemon juice. Fold in the sour cream and chopped Oreo cookies and mix until combined.

Pour the mixture into the prepared cups (2/3 full) and bake for 25 minutes (the tops should spring back slightly when touched).

WHIPPING CREAM TOPPING
1.5 cups heavy whipping cream
1/4 tsp. unflavored gelatin
3 tsp. corn starch
3 tbsp. instant vanilla pudding mix

Combine all ingredients and beat for several minutes until the cream thickens and soft peaks form. Pipe onto tops of cheesecakes and garnish with a mini Oreo.

Yields 3 dozen mini cheesecakes.

If you do not have a mini cheesecake pan, substitute using a muffin pan or mini muffin pan. This is a picture of the mini cheesecake pan that I have. It is the Nonpro 3919 Mini Cheesecake Pan and can be purchased on Amazon for under $20 - totally worth it!


Enjoy!









36 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Maggie! And yes, those do look absolutely gorgeous. I was gaping at my refrigerator door wondering what to do with a lone tub of cream cheese and you've just given me an idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love baking with cream cheese, and often have to find ways to use it before it expires in my refrigerator :)

      Delete
    2. I am intrigued with your "mini" cheesecake pan, you did not show a picture of it. Who is the maker so I can order one. Thanks - it will make my day.

      Delete
    3. Hi Pauline! I LOVE my mini cheesecake pan, you should definitely order one. I have the Nonpro 3919 Mini Cheescake Pan, and I ordered it for under $20 on Amazon. I have added a photo and some info under the recipe. Thanks for the question!

      Delete
    4. Thank you! I will order one today!

      Delete
  2. Adorable!! And they look so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've made something like these before, but I like the look without the paper cupcake cup, and the whipped cream and cookie on top are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shirley - I actually made a double batch of these because I was not sure how many the recipe would make. I ended up with a lot of leftover batter so I made a ton of extras in my mini muffin pan with the paper liners - so easy, but I agree, not as pretty :) The whipped cream with the instant pudding mix tasted so good!

      Delete
  4. Hi Bridjet, I stumbled from Pinterest...whoa! these oreo cheese cakes are making me greedy..I am an oreoholic by birth :) its unfortunate that these kinds of pans are not available at this part of the world...so I guess I can make it in a dish and serve or in individual glass...thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe...happy to follow u for more exciting ones. Have a great weekend! Blessings, Nisa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nisa! I am a Pinterest addict and it is where I enjoy finding most of my inspiration for baking! If you love Oreos, I am going to be posting a recipe for oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies tomorrow - you will want to try it! I found the recipe on Pinterest :) You could definitely turn this into a full size cheesecake as well. I would suggest using your favorite cheesecake recipe and just adding chopped up oreos - that is all I did to come up with this recipe for the mini version. You could also search for a crust that is made with crushed oreos to replace the full size cookie bottoms I used. Good to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My roommate and I made these just now, and they came out really good! Thanks for the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! These look great-- I'm going to try this tomorrow for my first Valentine's Day with my sweetie, who is also an Oreo-holic (like me!). Is this recipe adaptable to a full-sized springform pan for larger cakes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annie! I would suggest using a recipe for a full-sized cheesecake, and just adding chopped up Oreos to the batter. Something like this would work for the batter (http://www.joyofbaking.com/Cheesecake.html). Then you could make the crust substituting crushed up Oreos for the graham crackers called for in a traditional crust recipe. Hope you enjoy!

      Delete
  8. These look amazing! I want to make them but not a big batch. This recipe makes about 2 dozen? Between my husband and I, I don't think even WE could handle that! hehe :) How can I make it to a lesser serving?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, if I DID make the full recipe, how are they the next day? Maybe I can just send him with leftovers to share with co-workers. :)

      Delete
    2. You could half all of the ingredients to make about a dozen mini cheesecakes; however, these keep very well if refrigerated. In fact, mine kept in the refrigerator for at least a week and my family still enjoyed them! Hope you enjoy them if you make them :)

      Delete
    3. Do you think I could freeze them? I would like to try making them for a wedding. My mom LOVES Oreos and I LOVE cheesecake!

      Delete
  9. I just put these in the oven- cannot wait to try!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can someone tell me do I put the whole oreo in the bottom of the pan or one side of it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You can do either! I used one side, but if you love oreos, I say use the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea--wonderful presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  13. how long do we have to wait for the cheesecake to set?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They bake for 22-25 minutes, and then once they are mostly cool to the touch (maybe 10 minutes), they can be removed from the pan. I hope this is what you meant by "set."

      Delete
  14. Hey there! Just wanted to let you know we featured you in our Favorite Find Fridays post over at Whimsically Homemade. We used one of your pictures. If that's a problem let us know and we'll remove it immediately. Thanks for your great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Made these a few weeks ago for my son's wedding dessert bar....making again for my other son's graduation party on Saturday ~ so, obviously, they were a hit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Julie, these cheesecakes seem to be a crowd pleaser! Glad you enjoyed an thanks for the comment :)

      Delete
  16. Wow these oreo things look amazing! And I love your whole blog! Please check out my blog: http://sweeetcooker.blogspot.com/
    I was also wondering if you wouldn’t mind mentioning me on your blog? If you want I could mention you on my blog as well. It would me a lot to me because I don’t have many followers or supporters.
    Thank you, Maddie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looking forward to making these for my husband's birthday tomorrow. Thanks so much for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  18. If I make them in a cupcake/muffin pan won't they stick ?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love these pans and have 2 of them but need to get a couple more. I bought mine a few years ago and they were about $10 each. Should have bought more then! This recipe looks wonderful and I am intrigued by the frosting. Can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh yes, I will try these. Love cheesecakes

    ReplyDelete
  21. Can I make this as one regular sized cheesecake?

    ReplyDelete
  22. not sure if anyone will reply but, if i make these with a mini tart/ muffin pan can i make it without the liners. will they be able to come out of the pan ?

    ReplyDelete